Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Brothers In Arms, and Battleborn—is looking for an AI Programmer for its Quebec City studio!
- Designs, programs and tests data-driven extensible AI systems;
- Develops tools to assist the development team;
- Debug, refactor and maintain the codebase to meet high standards of flexibility, performance and robustness;
- Work with the programming team to build an efficient software architecture;
- Profiles and optimizes existing system according to hardware constraints;
- Creates quality game content and systems using scripts.
- 5+ years of game development experience;
- Experience with AI techniques specific to video games;
- Solid C++ coding, debugging and optimization skills;
- Familiarity with design patterns and software architecture;
- Good understanding of the process of game development and delivery;
- Experience with UE4 is an asset;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org