Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Brothers In Arms, and Battleborn—is looking for a Lead Artist for its Quebec City studio!
- Establish and prioritize level art and vfx needs;
- Ensure the level art and vfx assets reach established quality benchmarks;
- Cooperate with other departments to balance time, quality and budget;
- Create high-quality, realistic environment assets and content including props, architecture, geology and organic elements;
- Collaborate with Design to make sure environment assets support gameplay;
- Achieve quality and style benchmarks established by the Art Director;
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Art Director and art team to understand and, as necessary, establish content creation processes in line with technical constraints;
- Create blockout geometry, establish layouts, apply materials and details.
- Participate in the modeling and texturing of assets, if necessary.
- Coordinates with external vendors and freelancers as required.
- 10+ years of experience as an artist or lead artist in the industry;
- At least 4 published console titles;
- Deep understanding of video game art production techniques and processes;
- 3DS Max expert;
- Advanced knowledge of Zbrush, Photoshop, Substance and Perforce;
- Experience with Unreal Engine;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org