Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, and upcoming title Battleborn—is looking for a Technical Director for its Quebec City studio!
- Accountable for the quality and timely delivery of release;
- Establish a vision for the game’s architecture, tools, and overall strategy to satisfy the functional requirements;
- Risk assessment and mitigation throughout development;
- Define the work pipeline of the technical team;
- Ensure the stability, flexibility and performance of the codebase;
- Collaborate with the art and design departments to deliver quality tools and software systems;
- Motivate and lead a team of programmers through all stages of development;
- Identify the technological hardware and software requirements for the project and ensure they are met according to budget;
- Review technical documentation and official technical process documents;
- Guide and follow-up on performance targets of team members.
- 10+ years of experience as a game programmer or technical director in the industry;
- Shipped at least 4 multiplatform titles;
- Extensive experience with C++ and scripting languages;
- Demonstrated ability to use and promote proper software engineering best practices;
- Experience in delivering several games on console;
- Experience with Unreal Engine;
- Great profiling and optimization skills;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org