Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, and upcoming title Battleborn—is looking for a UX Director for its Quebec City studio!
- Establish interface requirements for the game;
- Design menu flows;
- Contribute to the game’s visual interfaces and menus;
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure UX feasibility and quality;
- Gather the team’s feedback on the understanding and appreciation of UX;
- Collaborate with teammates for UX production;
- Stay up to date on new UX tools and trends, as well as the latest innovations in the industry.
- Coordinates with external vendors and freelancers as required.
- 5+ years of experience as UX / UI Designer in the video games industry;
- Training in Graphic Design;
- Shipped at least 2 multiplatform titles;
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, Scaleform, 3DS Max and Perforce;
- Experience with Unreal Engine;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org