Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, and upcoming title Battleborn—is looking for a Lead Animator for its Quebec City studio!
- Establish and prioritize game animation needs;
- Ensure the animations reach quality targets;
- Contribute to the animation’s visual style;
- Cooperate with other departments to balance time, quality and budget;
- Gather the team’s feedback on in-game animations;
- Organize reviews and carry out follow-up tasks;
- Keep up to date on new tools and trends, as well as the latest innovations in the industry.
- Coordinates with external vendors and freelancers as required.
- 8+ years of experience as animator or lead animator in the industry;
- Shipped at least 3 multiplatform titles;
- Proficiency in 3DS Max, Maya or other animation software;
- Experience with Unreal Engine;
- Deep understanding of motion capture and animation production techniques and processes;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com