LEAD GAME DESIGNER
Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, and upcoming title Battleborn—is looking for a Lead Game Designer for its Quebec City studio!
- Work closely with Design Director in establishing game systems and generating necessary documentation for a 1st Person Action game;
- Innovate to strengthen the game’s direction, take into account competing games, and appeal to the game’s target audience;
- Clearly communicate the game mechanics’ purpose to a multidisciplinary team;
- Help the design team follow the game’s direction;
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure the feasibility and quality of the game mechanics;
- Gather the team’s feedback on fun and gameplay;
- Organize play tests;
- Stay up to date on new tools and trends, as well as the latest innovations in the industry.
- 10+ years of experience as a game designer in the industry;
- Shipped at least 3 multiplatform titles;
- Knowledge of Photoshop, 3DS Max, Office and Perforce;
- Experience with Unreal Engine;
- Programming knowledge is an advantage;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org