Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, and upcoming title Battleborn—is looking for a Narrative Director for its Quebec City studio!
- Responsible for the game’s cinematics and narrative experience;
- Help write the game’s gather the team’s feedback on the game's narrative experience;
- Clearly communicate narrative intentions to teammates;
- Work with other departments to ensure the feasibility and quality of the game’s narrative elements;
- Gather the team’s feedback on the story;
- Help casting and directing of voice actors;
- Organize and supervise motion capture sessions;
- Coordinates with external vendors and freelancers as required.
- 5+ years experience as a narrative designer, cinematics director or similar position in the industry;
- Shipped at least 2 multiplatform titles;
- Master software tools to support the work;
- Knowledge of Photoshop, 3DS Max, Matinee and Perforce;
- Experience with Unreal Engine;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter email@example.com