TECHNICAL ART DIRECTOR
Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, and upcoming title Battleborn—is looking for a Technical Art Director for its Quebec City studio!
- Ensure that the art direction of the project is technically carried out and establish an efficient production plan;
- Identify and document technical constraints as well as art production tools and pipelines to help the art team reach quality benchmarks;
- Cooperate with programmers to improve the graphics engine;
- Cooperate with other departments to improve performance and optimize the game;
- Act as a bridge between the art and programming teams;
- Regularly communicate technical constraints and best practices to the art team;
- Ensure visual quality throughout the game;
- Coordinates with external vendors and freelancers as required.
- 10+ years of experience as an artist, technical artist or technical director in the industry;
- Shipped at least 4 multiplatform titles;
- Deep understanding of video game art production pipelines;
- Proficiency in Photoshop, 3DS Max, ZBrush and Perforce;
- Experience with Unreal Engine;
- Knowledge of MaxScript, MEL and Python Script is an advantage;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com