Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Brothers In Arms and Battleborn—is looking for a Level Designer for its Quebec City studio!
- Develop levels based on existing game design documents and research material;
- Design and prototype engaging gameplay scenarios that will enhance the player’s experience;
- Implement and script combat and cinematics;
- Work closely with the art and design teams to create and refine the gameplay experience;
- Prioritize tasks, meet deadlines, and communicate in a professional manner.
- Gather the team’s feedback on fun and gameplay inside the levels;
- Stay up to date on new tools and trends, as well as the latest innovations in the industry.
- 5+ years of experience as a game Level Designer in the industry;
- Shipped at least 2 multiplatform titles;
- Knowledge of Photoshop, 3DS Max and Sketchup;
- Experience with Unreal Engine;
- Programming knowledge is an advantage;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org