SENIOR CONCEPT ARTIST
Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Battleborn and Brothers In Arms—is looking for a Senior Concept Artist for its Quebec City studio!
- Work closely with the Art Director and other creative leads to help establish the visual direction for the game;
- Create detailed original concepts of characters, environments, vehicles, and objects;
- Paint detailed architecure and mood concepts over existing level geometry;
- Create polished Matte paintings for backdrops in levels and cut scenes;
- Produce inspirational, promotional, and marketing art;
- Help craft style guides and visual language for the project;
- Coordinates with external vendors and freelancers as required.
- 5+ years of experience in a similar position;
- Shipped at least 2 multiplatform titles;
- Strong drawing and iteration skills;
- Ability to work from rough thumbnails to polished quality concepts;
- Excellent understanding of color theory, design, lighting, composition and materials;
- Experience collaborating with multiple disciplines, including Game Designers, Level Designers and 3d Artists and animators;
- Photoshop expert.
- Knowledge of basic 3D software packages;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team-player who works well under deadline pressures.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com