Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Brothers In Arms, and Battleborn—is looking for a Technical Animator for its Quebec City studio!
- Establish game animation technical requirements;
- Document animation tools, methods, processes and technical constraints;
- Design rigs in collaboration with the lead animator;
- Develop efficient tools for the animation team;
- Cooperate with other departments to balance time, quality and budget;
- Keep up to date on new tools and trends, as well as the latest innovations in the industry.
- 5+ years of experience as a technical animator in the video game industry;
- Shipped at least 2 multiplatform titles;
- Expert knowlege of Motion Builder, 3DS Max, Maya and Perforce;
- Experience with Unreal 4 a plus;
- Knowledge of MaxScript, MEL Script and Python;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team-player who works well under deadline pressures.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org