Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Brothers In Arms, and Battleborn—is looking for an Engine Programmer for its Quebec City studio!
- Designs, programs and tests game systems and engine features;
- Develop tools to assist the development team;
- Debug, refactor and maintain the codebase to meet high standards of flexibility, performance and robustness;
- Work with the programming team to build an efficient software architecture;
- Profile and optimize existing system according to hardware constraints;
- Ensures compatibility and performance of systems on all target platforms;
- Evaluates and integrates technologies and good practices that reinforce our mission to deliver quality products.
- 5+ years of game development experience;
- Solid C++ coding, debugging and optimization skills;
- Familiarity with design patterns and software architecture;
- Good understanding of the process of game development and delivery;
- Experience with UE4 is an asset;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org