SENIOR TECHNICAL ARTIST
Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Brothers In Arms, and Battleborn—is looking for a Technical Artist for its Quebec City studio!
- Identify tools and techniques to facilitate the work of the art team and obtain the best graphic quality;
- Document, maintain and improve tools, techniques, processes and technical constraints linked to the project;
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Art Director, Artists and Programmers;
- Communicate constraints and better technical practices to the art team on a regular basis;
- Ensure visual quality throughout the game;
- Participate in the debug and graphic optimization phases of the game.
- 5+ years of experience as an Artist, Technical Artist or Technical Art Director in the industry;
- Shipped at least 2 multiplatform titles;
- Deep understanding of video game art production techniques and processes;
- Masters 3DS Max (or Maya);
- Experience with UE4 and Substance a plus;
- Interest in Houdini and Photogrammetry a plus;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com