LEAD IT SPECIALIST
Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, and upcoming title Battleborn—is looking for a Lead IT for its Quebec City studio!
- Create a scalable IT architecture compatible with our external partners;
- Provide IT solutions to the development team;
- Ensure optimal use of resources through metrics gathering and optimizations;
- Manage the IT Specialists team members and provide mentoring and technical guidance;
- Ensure timely answer to the development team's technical issues;
- Interact with our partners to ensure fluid collaboration between IT groups and development teams;
- Oversight, ownership and accountability for resolution of critical / high priority incidents.
- 10+ years experience in a similar role;
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to multi-task delegate and prioritize tasks;
- Experience with establishing and maintaining processes, procedures and policies;
- Willingness to create high-quality documentation that other sysadmins can follow;
- Must have hands-on experience with source/version control systems, bug trackers (E.g. Perforce, Jira, Confluence and Stash);
- Ability to stay up-to-date with new technologies and leverage applicable solutions;
- Experience with scripting languages, such as Perl, Shell;
- Ability to handle rapid growth through scalable solutions;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems. Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented;
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and in a high stress environment.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org