Gearbox Software, the developer of award winning titles Battleborn, Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, is looking for a Backend Programmer to develop the cutting-edge web services architecture powering its games.
We are looking for mission-oriented and self-driven people to join our agile team where you will build, test, and deploy services used by millions of fans around the world. We use Go and Ruby heavily throughout the infrastructure, but also employ Python and Java where appropriate.
Learn more about Spark - the code name for our web services architecture:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, related field, or equivalent training and professional experience;
- 2+ years of highly scalable systems development experience;
- Familiarity with Linux;
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple tasks;
- Passion for software development and OO Design;
- Networking experience in HTTP, TCP, and UDP protocols;
- Network and I/O performance tuning;
- Backend web development experience;
- Experience load testing for millions of users.
- Familiarity with languages in our current technology stack (Go, Ruby, Java, Python);
- Familiarity with Docker;
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (AWS);
- Unreal Engine experience;
- Multiple platform development experience (Linux, Windows, OSX);
- Experience developing RESTful services.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org