Gearbox Software, the developer of award winning titles Battleborn, Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, is looking for a Gameplay Programmer for its Quebec studio.
- Collaborates with the different content creation teams in developing various game-related systems;
- Develops tools to assist the development team;
- Debugs, refactors and maintains the codebase to meet high standards of flexibility, performance and robustness;
- Works with the programming team to build an efficient software architecture;
- Profiles and optimizes existing system according to hardware constraints;
- Creates quality game content and systems using scripts.
- 5+ years of game development experience as a programmer;
- Experience solving animation and character related problems within game development;
- Knowledge of animation technology specific to video games (procedural animation, physic-based animation, IK systems, animation compression, etc…);
- Solid C++ coding, debugging and optimization skills;
- Good understanding of the process of game development and delivery;
- Experience with UE4 is an asset;
- Excellent team leadership and interpersonal skills;
- Proven ability to tackle complex problems;
- Can adapt and troubleshoot;
- Enthusiastic, positive, team-oriented.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org