LEAD CHARACTER ARTIST
Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Battle and Brothers In Arms—is looking for a Lead Character Artist for its Quebec City studio!
- Establish and prioritize character art needs;
- Ensure the character models, textures and topology reach established quality benchmarks;
- Cooperate with other departments to balance time, quality and budget;
- Create high-quality, realistic 3d character models;
- Assist in the creation of character and costume concepts;
- Achieve quality and style benchmarks established by the Art Director and Concept Artists;
- Collaborate closely with the Technical Art Director and Technical Animator to understand and, as necessary, establish content creation processes in line with technical constraints;
- Work with the design team to ensure the art support the narrative and gameplay objectives;
- Coordinates with external vendors and freelancers as required.
- 8 years of experience as a Character Artist or Lead Character Artist in the video game indutry;
- At least 3 published multiplatform titles;
- Deep understanding of video game art production techniques and processes;
- Zbrush and 3DS Max expert;
- Advanced knowledge of Marvelous Designer and Substance;
- Experience on Unreal Engine 4;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team-player who works well under deadline pressures.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com