Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands, Brothers In Arms, and Battleborn—is looking for a Level Artist for its Quebec City studio!
- Master all aspects of level design and game design in order to create game levels;
- Understand visual references, concept art and intent provided by the Art Director and search for additional graphic references required to create the levels;
- Understand and implement art production processes established by the Technical Art Director;
- Establish the modeling and texturing needs for the levels; follow up on the progress and quality of the work with the Level Designers, Environment Artists, Lead Artist and Art Directors;
- Build the rough map of the level with the Level Designer to demonstrate the preliminary graphic intentions;
- Integrate the objects and textures that are produced into the level;
- Determine a lighting intention in line with the art direction;
- Act as a resource person and project owner for the level art team;
- Ensure the technical and visual quality of levels by making any necessary changes and addressing issues with other team members whenever necessary;
- Oversee optimization and debugging to fix the issues raised by QA;
- Participate in the modeling and texturing of assets, if necessary.
- 6+ years of experience in a similar position;
- At least 3 published multiplatform titles;
- Deep understanding of video game art production techniques and processes;
- 3DS Max expert;
- Working knowledge of UE4, Zbrush, Substance a plus;
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated team-player with proven leadership skills.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org