Gearbox Software—award-winning, independent developer of interactive entertainment hits Borderlands and Brothers In Arms, and upcoming title Battleborn—is looking for a Senior Programmer for its Quebec City studio!
- Design, program and test data-driven extensible game systems;
- Develop tools to assist the development team;
- Debug, refactor and maintain the codebase to meet high standards of flexibility, performance and robustness;
- Work with the lead programmer and technical director to build an efficient software architecture;
- Profile and optimize existing system according to hardware constraints;
- Create quality game content and systems using scripts.
- 3+ years of game development experience;
- Solid C++ coding, debugging and optimization skills;
- Familiarity with design patterns and software architecture;
- Good understanding of the process of game development and delivery;
- Good communication and teamwork skills;
- Ability to take initiative;
- Ability to adapt to change and manage stress;
- Experience with Unreal Engine is a strong asset;
- A passion for games.
Gearbox Studio Québec
Located in beautiful Quebec City, our studio is a short walk away from the the city's most vibrant districts, bars, restaurants, parks and coffee shops. We love to create and play games. We reward teammates based on merit and offer a comprehensive health benefits package, generous RRSP matching, flexible time-off, training and numerous other perks.
To apply for this position, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org